God's Plan For Now
Updated: Mar 30, 2020
Wouldn't it be great for us to know what God is doing? In John 15:15 we read that Jesus calls us friends and reveals what He is doing to both us and in HIs world.
I have never called you ‘servants,’ because a master doesn’t confide in his servants, and servants don’t always understand what the master is doing. But I call you my most intimate friends, for I reveal to you everything that I’ve heard from my Father. John 15:15 (TPT)
As I have been watching things unfold in both my life and the lives of others around me, I am able to see three distinct things God is doing in His people at this time.
1. God is cutting off the past - We all have struggled with things from our past and have things in our lives that cause us to act or react contrary to how God has made us to. God is releasing us from the past and is establishing us in our identity. This identity is based on what our Creator says about us and not what other people say or even what we say about ourselves. For more information read my blogs titled "Back To Default" and "Identity - Who Are You Really?"
2. Growth in maturity - God is putting us in situations that are causing us to grow up and mature. These tough situations are so difficult to go through at the time but when we get through the time of testing we are more mature in our faith. God, as our father, wants us to grow up to become the people He has made us be. He is calling us to be sons and daughters of God who have the authority He is giving His sons and daughters. We are then able to do the things He has made us for as we are mature and walk in His authority. Often, these times are times of wilderness, but as we embrace these times as Good, God can do an amazing work in us. Read my blog titled "Crushing - God Turns Pressure Into Power. TD Jakes"
Peter Scazzero has a fantastic course that shows how to create a biblically integrated course that links emotional health with a person's relationship with Jesus. This course works with a devotional that brings the Christian into a time of connecting with Jesus at least twice each day. Emotionally maturity will lead to deeper and stronger relationships.
3. Developing unity in the church - For so long we have been following people, denominations or our ministry. Yes, these do have a place in the body of Christ or the church, but God is calling us together in unity.
So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. Isaiah 59:19 (NKJV)
I have written an article titled "Raise Your Standard". To get the complete picture read this article.
It is important to know that when we lift up the Standard who is Jesus, the enemy is repulsed and put to flight. The Spirit of the Lord will drive him back like the waters of Jordan which were driven back towards their foundation when they stood between the Israelites and the Promise Land. We know that not only has Satan been defeated through Jesus, as we raise standard we can drive back the evil one in our lives, in our church and community. It is time for Christians to raise the standard and drive back the enemy.
When Is The Standard Raised and What Does It Mean?
The Spirit of the Lord is our standard-bearer. The standard is Christ and He has given us His standard to raise in the following times:
1. For war. When Christ descended to this lower world and came upon an expedition of war against the god of this world and his usurped empire over the children of men, this war was proclaimed (Genesis 3:15).
2. For peace. When peace is proclaimed the white flag or ensign is displayed. As the appearance of God in the nature of man was a signal of war against hell, death and sin; so it was a signal of peace to man upon earth.
3. To show victory. A standard is an ensign of victory. So a risen and living Redeemer is a signal of His victory over the powers of hell.
4. To signal a time of gathering. When the standard is set up, the army is to gather, volunteers are to be enlisted. The manifestation of Christ in the flesh and the revelation of Him in the Gospel is a signal to lost sinners to shake off the tyrannical yoke of sin and Satan, that they may, under Christ's conduct, recover their ancient liberty (Genesis 49:10; Isaiah 11:10).
5. To give us direction and give orders. When the army is to march, the standard goes before, and the soldiers know where to move by the motion of their standard.
God is doing an amazing thing in many lives. He is causing His people to cut off things of their past and become the people He has made us be. God is putting is through a very interesting time of growing up and maturing in Him for the exciting times ahead. Finally, God is bringing order to His army by bringing us back to marching under His standard, which is Christ. As we march in unity, the enemy does not stand a chance.